- Cancellations with be given credit to be applied toward future reservations.
- No shows, no refund.
How do I make a reservation? & Do I need to make one?
The best way to make a reservation is to do so on our site. Click the button to check availability and make your reservation.
Reservations are encouraged. Same day onsite tickets may be available if the date/departure time has not been fully booked. We can not guarantee that there will be room for your party if you do not make a reservation ahead of time.
- Where are you located?
We are located in beautiful Joseph, Oregon. Our Ticket pavilion is located in front of 304 North Main Street, Joseph, Oregon 97846
Please do not disturb the Mountain Works Vacation Rental Home that is located behind our kiosk. Look for the Rail Road crossing sign. We are right next to Red Horse Coffee Shop and across from Simply Sandy’s (the place with all the metal yard art). Look on our location page for a map and more information.
- How long does it take and how far do we go?
- How do we turn around? & Do we have a guide?
- What do we do in Enterprise?
Once you arrive in Enterprise you will carefully get off of your Railrider and wait for the rest of the group and your guide to arrive. This is a great time to stretch your legs, use the restroom if needed, and enjoy the company of your fellow guests. You must stay near the Railriders so that you will be ready to board after they have been rotated for the return trip.
- Are there any Size or Age restrictions?
- Will I need to change gears and are any other skills needed?
Basically if you can sit and pedal you are good to go. Your Railrider is very similar to a recumbent bicycle. There are no gears involved, you may coast when needed, and each guest pedals independently. The brakes are simple, a push of a lever is all that’s needed to engage them. The Railrider is geared to assist with your return trip.
- How strenuous is this activity? Are there any hills?
- Can I bring my dog / pet?
- What is the minimum/maximum number of people on a Railrider?
Cancellation and Rain Policy
- Cancellations prior to 48 hours of your scheduled event will result in a credit for future reservations.
- No shows or you are late, no refund.
No Mother Nature Refunds.
Tours depart rain or shine. Usually the rains we get are not torrential and we’ve had many successful outings when the weather has predicted rain. It is very rare to not go. We will reschedule the entire departure if needed.