OUR ULTIMATE PREMIER ADVENTURE!
*PLEASE NOTE* THIS TRIP STARTS IN THE TOWN OF MINAM
(Minam is located on Hwy 82, a beautiful 45 minute drive from Joseph)
Allow up to 6 hours for this adventure. From the confluence of the Minam and Wallowa Rivers at Minam to the city of Wallowa and back, this ride is for those seeking more peaceful time on the rails and is very doable. The 26 mile round trip begins in the timbered canyon. Following the tumbling waters of the Wallowa River upstream, it passes through meadows and stands of cottonwood, before entering the town of Wallowa. The grade is a gentle 1%. A guide will accompany you throughout your journey. There is NO pedal assist for this trip.
We can take a maximum of 14 guests on this trip.
You must have 48 hour advanced reservations for this trip. It is not possible to take this trip without one. Same day walk ups will not be permitted to ride.
Check out a video by Xplore Film featuring our Minam to Wallowa Round Trip at the bottom of this page.
When and Where does the trip start?
Please arrive in Minam prior to 9 am, allow yourself some time to gather your belongings and to use the restroom if needed. See directions at the bottom of this page. Park your car at the WURR sign next to the railroad. This is a white billboard near the edge of the highway in front of the Minam Motel / Store. The address for the motel is 72601 Highway 82 at Minam, Oregon. Your guide will meet you there at 9 am. Plan to return to Minam no later than 3:30 pm. Tickets must be purchased 48 hrs in advance.
What do I need to bring?
- All riders are encouraged to wear sun hats, sun screen, and other weather gear dependent on the conditions. A sun umbrella is a great tool to keep you cool.
- Bring water, or sports drinks.
- Pack your lunch unless you plan to dine in a café in Wallowa.
- Spending money for whatever you might discover in Wallowa.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera.
What’s Wallowa have to offer?
Wallowa has food, water, restrooms, parks, motels, and an RV park. There are antiques, artwork, and rich history to be found here. There is a track side park for a picnic or several small cafés for lunch.
Need Help Finding Lodging? CLICK HERE
Things to see and do in Wallowa.
- Visit the Farmers Market for local produce and handmade crafts
- Check out the Gene Hayes Gallery & Museum (301 Donald St., Wallowa, OR 97885) Hayes Art Group Facebook Page
- Explore native history at the Wallowa Band Nez Perce Trail Interpretive Center (209 East Second St., Wallowa, OR 97885)
- Take a moment to relax at the quaint Wallowa Library
What’s in Minam?
You will find a small convenience store, motel, rafting service with rentals available, and a state park in the nearby area.
Directions to our Minam departure site
We meet out in front of the Minam Motel / Store at the edge of the highway at the white WURR billboard. The address of the motel is 72601 Highway 82 at Minam, Oregon
From La Grande
- Distance: 35 miles
- Time: about 40 minutes
Take Exit I-84 at exit number 261 to La Grande.
-Turn right onto Island Avenue, proceed for ½ mile then left on Wallowa Lake Highway 82.
Continue on Hwy 82 to Minam which is located at the bottom of the Minam grade at the river. The motel, WURR Sign, and our parking area will be on the left just before the railroad crossing in Minam.
From Enterprise / Joseph
- Distance: 35-40 miles depending on your starting city
- Time: allow about 40 – 50 minutes, a little over an hour if you are coming from lodging at the lake.
Take OR HWY 82, West for 35 – 41 miles to Minam, located at the confluence of the rivers. The motel, WURR sign, and our parking area will be on the right just after the railroad crossing in Minam.
Filmed when helmets were required, they are no longer required.